For making a subtle statement in a room, there’s nothing like a beautiful, glossy laminate floor. Though they attract a bit of a reputation as being difficult to clean, with the right product it’s easy to restore their beauty – it’ll light up the whole room, too.
How to clean laminate floors
Whether you’ve accidently spilt a cup of coffee or just want to top up the shine, Vim® Oxy-Gel® All-Purpose is the product to use for a great way to clean a laminate floor –leaving you with a fresh scent and brilliant shine.
You will need:
- A bucket
- Vim Oxy-Gel® All-Purpose
- A floor mop
- A cloth
How to clean:
- Add three caps of Vim Oxy-Gel®All-Purpose into half a bucket of water (that’s about 5 litres).
- Plunge your mop in the water, squeezing out the excess before sweeping it over your floor.
- For the shiny finish, use a dry cloth to wipe the surface down afterwards.
The finishing touches
With a clean laminate floor, you have the opportunity to add a focal point that really makes a statement. It’s the perfect place for a touch of something beautiful, as you can see in our video.
Adding texture and comfort
- A few artfully arranged floor cushions in different sizes or heights, placed in a corner or facing a coffee table provide extra seating space, as well as allowing you to introduce texture and comfort to the room.
- Or a rug: whether it’s luxurious and shaggy or bright and embellished, it’ll let you enjoy soft textures as well as that glossy, smooth surface – the best of both worlds.
Make the books you love a centrepiece
- For another unique touch, pile your favourite books by the walls.
- Not only will it create a talking point when guests are over, but it adds a stamp of your personality, too.